We warmly welcome you to the Government Women College. Having made the decision to stay in GCW, you are probably anxious to ensure you have a pleasant place to stay in this new environment. Living in student accommodation can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Through this, we hope that you will forge meaningful friendships and yet learn how to live independently in a communal environment. There will also be opportunities for personal growth and development as you start adjusting to a new way of living and experience cultural diversity. Some of the challenges you may encounter while living in student accommodation include learning to live with group mates from different backgrounds, handling noisy neighbors and dealing with situations you had never encountered previously helping you to be a better corporate citizen.
We have a team of friendly and helpful Resident Wardens, Resident Advisors, Resident Assistants and Common Room Canteen Committee members to offer the support and assistance you may need in making this transition a positive one.
Colleges' Hall of Residence helps you find an accommodation that will be always a Home away from Home. Our purpose is to provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment that supports the development of a vibrant GWC student community. The Women College offers Hostel Facility to the students coming from far fling areas of the State. Though there are two hostels, but due to limited accommodation facilities, the students are admitted on merit only.
The College has two hostels situated within the college premises. It accommodates outstation students belonging to different caste, creed and religion The two Hostels are named as Old Hall of Residence and New Hall of Residence, with total accommodation capacity for 250 students . The Convener Hostel Management who is in-charge of the hostel pays personal attention to the welfare of the students physically, intellectually and morally, helping them in the building up of character. There are resident warden to look after the domestic need of the boarders.
Hostellers are not usually allowed to leave the Hostel within the session i.e. from July to June.
Both Hostels ( Old and New Hall of Residence) sites have residential staff and student wardens to offer help and advice if any problems occur whilst living in college accommodation.
Room furnishings: Each student room is provided with a single bed, wardrobe Cabinet, desk lamp, chair and bookshelves
Televisions: Each Hall of Residence has one television set for each block as recreational facility.
Hall meetings: Each residence holds periodical hall forums. Residents are encouraged to attend and discuss common matters concerning their individual residence with staff, resident wardens and others.
Cleaning: Residents are expected to clean their own student rooms; though communal areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and toilets are cleaned by the hall staff cleaners. Residents are requested to keep their student rooms in good order and to help maintain the general cleanliness of kitchens through washing their kitchen utensils promptly.
24x7 hour security: Residents are secured through round the clock through security guards. However, they are advised to take care of their own belongings.
- • Hostel mess fee must be paid in advance for three months in J&K Bank R.Road sgr, in the first week of the month.
- • Hosteller can not move out of the college campus without the prior permission of Warden.
- • Mobile phones are not allowed in the Hostel and if nobody is found possessing a mobile, strict disciplinary action will be taken.
- • Only those relatives of the Hostellers whose photographs are affixed with the application form can only visit them on schedule day and time i.e. Sunday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- • Guests are not allowed in the Hotel.
- • Hostellers shall be responsible for any damage caused to the college property.
- • Hostellers are not allowed to loiter in the premises of the college.
- • Telephone facility in the wardens room will be available for hostelliers from 6:30pm to 9:00pm in the hostel.
- • The hosteller shall deposit their mess dues in the college account which shall be notified at the time of their admission in the college hostel.
- • Hostellers are allowed to visit their parents/ guardian’s residence once in a month (last Saturday of the Month) with the prior permission of Principal of the college.
- • Hostel will remain closed during college hours i.e. 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m
- • Medical Certificate shall be attached with the application form.
- • Use of the heating system is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
Hostel Management Committee
|Prof. Samina Yasvi
| Prof.Fouzia Durrani
| Mrs. Mumtaz
|Prof. Nasreen Kounser
| Prof. Romana
|Prof. Gazala Gayas
|Prof. Tanveera Tabasum
|Prof. Mehnaz Sheikh
|Prof. Nighat Amin
|Prof. Nighat Ara
|Prof. Pinoo Andrabi
||2,500 (Refundable 500)